Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Ex Effect [Poem]

You dumped me months ago
so explain why you still
leave me comments
or text me randomly?

When you became my ex
guess what honey, I became
yours too. I don't know
how else to explain it but
to just be simple and blunt.

Sometimes I wonder why
ex boyfriends can't become
nonexistent boyfriends and just
go to Pluto and freeze...
but that's just a suggestion.

I only think it's fair
after you pumped me full
of lies like a hot air balloon
and cut me off the string
to float aimlessly in the
hailstorm of love also known
as being dumped.

Once you've entered the hall
of fame of broken hearts
you can't dig your way
out and try to get me sick
with the ex effect.

Sucks for you
but I got vaccinated.

1 comment:

  1. Well expressed sentiments.
    I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete