Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tales of the Night [Poem]

So much blood--

So much of my own blood,
covering what use to be
a floor. Arms weak, nerves
decaying, legs twisted.
I should have trusted my
gut feeling, now I can't even
feel my gut.

An ambiguous noise stabs through
the silence. Laughter?
No. Crying? Screaming?
Someone is screaming...
wait... I am screaming!

Panic snakes its way into my
thoughts, making me weary of my
state of mind. Something or
rather someone is watching me
from that corner. I can't tell if it can
see me but those red eyes are
haunting. Instant delirium
over comes my psyche.

I have seconds to decipher
the visions my head is
throwing at me. So much blood--
Bitten. I was bitten. My innocence
ripped from my soul and
devoured by this beast. "VAMPIRE!"
I scream the word like it's a curse.
It springs forth ready to attack me
when a single burst of light
stops it in mid air.

Suddenly my senses become
overwhelmed with the stench
and sight of rotten flesh. Saved
by this stranger, this
stranger that heard my screams.
He tells me I have nothing
to fear, as his red eyes gaze through
my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment