Friday, April 8, 2011

Alone In The Words [Poem]

I see something in the distance
dancing beside the frosted moon.
My eyes identify stars
oh how they remind me of you.

Golden and stunning
as they strike through the sky.
I wish I could just hold one
and maybe I'd have the courage to fly.

I lay my head upon faded grass
and breathe in a fresh scent.
I remember being here with you
I miss the feeling of your kiss.

I pretend you're here again
singing to me like before
I would smile as we harmonized
but now I sing no more.

I wish there was a hint of light
to brighten the hole in my chest
I hope you're safe among the angels
forever shall you rest.

I never knew being alone in the woods
could make me relive the past.
You will never leave my soul
even though you're never coming back.

1 comment:

  1. This is very well written! It conveys your feelings very clearly. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete