Friday, April 8, 2011

Walking [Poem]

I woke up early to
experience the morning world.
For so long I have
let moments pass me by
as I live my life behind
closed eyelids.
Never again...
My eyes are open
and I can see clearly.

Faces are no longer blurred
but have become
a permanent piece of my existence.
With every face comes
a name and with every name
comes a delicate story.
I will remember the words
you speak to me
for they shall help me
live on when death strikes
your heart and makes it cold.

I wanted to walk today
to see what lies beneath the grass
to wonder what hides
behind those bushy white clouds.
I may never find out
then again I may already know.

I see places that have always been
but were just mere shapes
to my brown eyes.
Now that I have a new meaning
I can see their importance.
Stars are not just yellow lights
and raindrops are not just
sky fallen tears...

Everything matters now
Everything will always matter.

I wasn't hoping to discover
something or recover
an old flame.
My only purpose was to walk.
I wonder where the wind will take me...

No comments:

Post a Comment