Saturday, May 14, 2011

Poetry Spotlight: Danny

Today I have a very special person with me today. My very best friend in the entire universe of best friends :] Danny. Here's what he had to say about himself - Danny is the name, and I'm just a guy who simply loves to write and experiment with different types of poetry. The world is my inspiration.  :] Today I have two different poems from my friend and I hope you like them as much as I do. -Nik L. B.


This first one is a shape poem. The words of the poem fit together to make a shape. Can you guess what this one is? :]


"Acoustic Duet"

-----------------------Fingers
-----------------------tremble
-----------------------to make
-----------------------sensible
------------------------sound
------------------------waves
------------------------touch
------------------------hearts
------------------------minds
------------------------spirits
-------------------------in all
-------------------beings seeking
----------------reprieve from shallow
--------------whispers dripping from the
--------------mouths glossed with ignor-
-----------------ance. Nylon strings
---------------continue to moan sweet
-------------nothings, in this moment of
-----------passion driven intimacy for all to
------------watch. A stadium falls in love
---------------with a duet, a man and
--------------------his instrument

No comments:

Post a Comment