Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hurt Me [Poem]

I worked too hard to
seal these wounds.
Shut them tight...
But I don't know how to
feel anymore.

Numb.

What comes after numbness?
--more pain...how far
away is death? A
morbid thought
I have to, need to
choke down night
after night.

When you held me for
the first time I felt
something so intense
so real but not we're
just meaningless shadows

ghost of our own horror
stories.

I want a happy ending for
once.

You never loved me,
nothing could keep you
from hurting me...
pour a heavy dosage
of salt in this beating
heart one last time.
Let it sear with agony
so I know what we
had was real.

Hurt me like you mean it.

1 comment:

  1. The pain in your open wounds can be felt by the reader.
    I really like the line "ghost of our own horror stories".
    I think this poem is very, very good.

    ReplyDelete