Sunday, April 10, 2011

Human [Poem]

If only this was my last word
written for the eyes of no one.
Silent only for a second
of the many roaming hours of speech.
Talk to me if you dare.

We are human...
or at least that's what I was told.
Honestly I don't feel like the rest.
Sure I have a beating heart
if that's what you want
to call the pieces of meat
in my hand. I used to
have a pair of veins
until I got angry and cut
them up. Snip snip...
I don't fit in.

Will I ever?

Is there some machine I can step
into that will change my DNA.
The strands of insanity
that make my emotions
actions. I want to cry
and not wake up bleeding.
I'd like to be able to take one
pill and not eat the bottle.

What happened to make me
such a basket case. I'm not
sure you can tell me...maybe it's
some sick part of being human
that I just don't understand.

Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment