Saturday, May 7, 2011

Poetry Spotlight: Cindy Graver

Hello all :] I know I've been away for awhile but I'm back and I have some new and amazing talent for you today. Coming to us from Ohio is my very dear and sweet friend CINDY!!!! This wonderful woman has written an array of poems from Tanka's to Rictameter's to poems about her family to poems with her best friend from India. Her work is an inspiration to all and a great pleasure to read. So let's all give her a warm welcome :]

Goodnite, Sweetheart, Goodnite

From far away I imagine your voice
Soft, calming soothing my fears
Scared, alone darkness surrounds me
Your words shield me, silently I hear

Wrapping me in warmth not known
A place I never want to leave
Safe secure from pain, love abounds
No longer do I have to grieve

Nightmares can not find me here
Within the safety of my mind
No one can take my thoughts away
Locking the door, me they no longer find

Across the universe I hear
Soft echoes filled with love's light
Carried to me on Angel wings
Goodnite, sweetheart, goodnite

No comments:

Post a Comment