Tuesday, April 5, 2011

When The Stars Shut Down [Poem]

A sort of emptiness took
over me when you said
your last few words. Like
a flame on a piece of paper
burning down it's composition
I was left brutality burned.

The pain lives on inside my heart.

Find me a place that doesn't
hold the essence that use to be
you. Take me somewhere that won't
bring back the familiarity of your
fingertips on my skin.
I miss you
I miss you
I miss you.
I know saying it over and over
won't bring you back, but it
lets me know you existed.

There was no wonder to the sky
once the stars shut down and the
moon covered up it's glow. The
atmosphere grew thick with
violence and choked me into
a cationic state of depression
and left me to linger in the past.

This is the magnitude of grief I felt
when you said goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment